Sunday, August 10, 2008

I love them more than writing

I can think of only one thing I love more than writing...my family. My husband is always first, the very top of the list, and right under him you'll find a very long list of aunts, uncles, cousins, in-laws, and nieces and nephews. On my mom's side of the family alone the "immediate" family tops out at the number 77.

I know off the top of my head that there are 77 of them, because my niece and nephew and I counted them up Friday night as we laid together in my tent, laughing and giggling and fighting off the Sandman as we listened to the rain on the roof of the tent and crossed our fingers that we'd stay dry through the night. Returning today from the annual Anderson Family Campout with the memories of spending some wonderful quality time with a handful of those special 77, my side aches just a bit from all the laughter and my heart overflows with love and thankfulness.

1 comment:

Tory Richards said...

Yes! Family should always come first:)