Saturday, December 6, 2008

Isn't it Romantic?

In a couple of days I will have the opportunity to do a guest post on J.K. Coi's blog "Immortals to Die For" at http://jkcoi.blogspot.com/. J.K. is a fellow authoress who writes in the romance genre. (If you, like me, are a fan of romance, I recommend you check out her books.) Naturally she features primarily romance novels and other romance writers on her blog. My books are not what you would typically consider romance books, but I believe there is something romantic about the idea behind them.

I managed to convince J.K. to take a chance on me, and she will be hosting my guest post about the romance of the Common Threads Journals on Monday, December 8th. Here's a short excerpt;

"The more I pondered the idea, the more I realized just how many life experiences there are that literally require having lived through them to be able to understand what a person in the midst of them is going through. Then I wondered: how many people out there are missing the chance to connect with others who know what they’re feeling? Yes, there are support groups for almost everything, but they’re not for everybody. Without them, how are people connecting? I mean really, truly, deeply connecting with one another.

Then I got an idea. What if I tried taking the art of journal writing, something that has always brought me comfort during difficult times, and used it as a tool to encourage people to connect with one another? What if I asked people to look for the things they share in common with others and ignore the little voice that often pops up first and identifies our differences? Interesting questions don’t you think?"

I encourage you, the readers of my little blog, to stop by http://jkcoi.blogspot.com/ on Monday, December 8th and join in the conversation. Leave a post and let me know what you think. Once you've had a chance to read the full post I hope you'll agree that there's romance in the idea of making deeper, more lasting connections with the people around you.

1 comment:

J.K. Coi said...

Lisa! Can't wait to have you on the blog! Take care and enjoy the rest of your weekend.